Saturday, February 13, 2010

Saturday (but really Friday's)

Well, my wife accurately pointed out that one of the reason my blog sucks (there are many) is that my links never really describe what's in the article very well. So I'll try to do a better job.

A simple health care fix fizzles out. The current health care system we have really does not concern itself much with results. That's primarily because the reimbursement system for providers really doesn't have anything to do with results. The system rewards volume and high cost interventions (often ones that are not too effective).

In honor of the Winter Olympics, a slideshow of the 10 hottest female athletes participating.

Are snobby bicyclists their own worst enemy? Let me go ahead and answer that. Yes. It will be interesting if more "normals" start biking. Then biking won't be hipster enough anymore and they'll have to find something else that makes them special.

How do you judge a camel beauty contest? Yeah, it really is about camel beauty contests. "We are looking for camels with big heads, firm ears, broad cheeks and big whiskers. There is no single important thing - the neck and body should be long, the hump and the back should be big, and we also look at the colour and posture of the camel."

The best shooters in the NBA. If I were teaching someone to shoot...let me start again. If someone was dumb enough to ask me to teach them how to shoot, I would tell them to watch Ray Allen. He has one of the most beautiful jump shots you will ever see. Steve Nash's isn't as pretty, but as you see in the link, his numbers make it pretty clear he's the best shooter.

Crazy, crazy article from the NYT on the "My Way" killings in the Philippines. From the story:
The authorities do not know exactly how many people have been killed warbling “My Way” in karaoke bars over the years in the Philippines, or how many fatal fights it has fueled. But the news media have recorded at least half a dozen victims in the past decade and includes them in a subcategory of crime dubbed the “My Way Killings.”

Awesome pictures of sled dogs.

1 comment:

LAW said...

This is a much better format...btw, I never said your blog sucks. I LOVED the dog photos!