Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tuesday Night

What's a degree really worth. (Wall Street Journal). I've often been thankful for how easy I got off relative to today's students. I came out of five years of college (Super senior!) with "only" about $20K in debt. A lot of that was due to scholarships and grants, but it still seemed a manageable level of debt. I have many friends that are managing $75K+ in debt. In my house it was just assumed that we were all going to college (my dad's an academic). I wonder if that would be true today. Probably so. But it sure is crazy to read about college tuition levels today.

Pretty good article on the NFL labor negotiations.
Money quote: "If we can't get this resolved, we will collectively be the dumbest people on the planet."

Keith Hennessey on Obama's budget.

The World's 25 Dirtiest Cities.
Africa is well represented.

Rasmussen poll from the Texas Governor's race.


No comments: