Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Mid-Day Blogging

Sparse lately, I know. About to make up for it though.

How Texas avoided the real estate meltdown
. I've already some folks who are skeptical, but it's worth reading anyway.

John Cassidy at the New Yorker undressing the government's numbers on ObamaCare. I've already posted my thoughts on this, but I'll say it again. Anyone who thinks the health reform bill will lower the deficit either a) has not looked at the analysis, b) is a partisan, or c) is really dumb.

Equality shoes.

The world's weirdest vending machines (slidewhow).

Nissan Leaf priced at $32,780. I'll be interested to see how sales go. This would definitely be on my short list for cars if not for the dogs, but I think being an early adopter, in this case at least, has more drawbacks than benefits. I'm sure Austin will make a push to ensure that recharge stations are available, so it might be more practical here than elsewhere.

Speaking of cars, I'm probably going to be getting rid of my beloved Frijole Negra (Mazdaspeed 3) and getting an SUV. Short list right now is Audi Q7, Mazda CX-9, and the Buick Enclave (yes, a Buick), but just getting started on the research.

Hello Kitty wine. Vomit.

Amare Stoudemire posterizes Anthony Tolliver. Vicious dunk.

Rare photos of life inside North Korea.

Apparently, the Taliban suck at shooting.

No comments: